Network Management Systems Engineer
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development/Automation and support/maintenance of In-house scripts/tools/plugins and reports.
- Ability to drive Perl and python programming language
- Support/Maintenance of various systems/servers e.g. Nagios, MRTG, Cacti, eHealth, TACACS, Syslogs
- Research and Testing/Simulation of other NMS open source tools.
- Generate reports from inventory and billing systems.
- Setup and configure Unix/Linux/Windows servers for monitoring.
- Troubleshooting capabilities for various applications hosted on UNIX, Linux and Windows platforms. Eg ability to debug issues using OS specific tools like linux ps,truss and tcpdump
- Support/Maintenance of DNS servers e.g. DNSMAN tool, men and mice dns management and generic host name servers.
- Processing request for new TACACS accounts, modification of router commands level access and add/remove/change devices.
- Processing request for new Support tickets and Queues.
- Troubleshoot issues e.g. OS jumpbox logins (private/public key), MRTG graph, Observium.
- Work/Collaborate with other teams.
- SQL knowledge and ability to login and setup db's. eg postgres,mysql and oracle
- Other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
- Candidate must be a Bachelor's Degree holder of any Computer Science or Information Technology course or equivalent
- Must have at least 5 years relevant experience
- Should have at least 3 years of hands-on Cisco Networking experience
- Should have strong routing and switch networking skills
- Should be Cisco Certified
- Linux certification desirable