We require an experienced Unix Administrator to provide support to the various Unix/Linux Systems and supporting applications within the business.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Provide solutions and services that strategically harness the power of Information Technology;
- Provide IT support and services to various internal groups, customers and third party providers;
- Keep up-to-date with technological advancements and provide suggestions for improvements to systems;
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the systems and procedures by identifying opportunities for improvement;
- Participate in an on call roster.
Essential Skills and Experience
The ideal applicant will have experience in the IT and Telco related arenas, administering and supporting a multitude of internal and external facing systems.
To succeed in this role you will also have:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications in IT/Telecommunications;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Unix/Linux based system administration skills, RedHat/Debian/Solaris;
- Experience with TELCO/ISP applications Web/Mail/DNS/RADIUS/DHCP/LDAP;
- Experience in virtualisation/storage/load balancing/high availability;
- Knowledge in configuration management/automaton/cloud orchestration is desirable;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Effective technical analysis and troubleshooting;
You may also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org