- TPG will use the personal information to:
- Verify your identity;
- Provide and develop the services that you require;
- Administer and manage those services including charging, billing and instigating any debt collection;
- Inform you via email, fax, phone and by other means of communication of service charges, new products, advice and other ways the service provided to you could be improved;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit worthiness and for fraud;
- Other than as permitted under paragraph 3, TPG will not release any information in relation to your subscription, to any third party company or individual.
- TPG may release information to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman or to third parties if the law requires us to do so.
- As part of administration, TPG may record a summary of the calls fielded from clients and the usage clients accumulate - this may include log on time, length of connection and amount downloaded. These are not on-sold or disclosed to others, except as may be required in paragraph 3.
- TPG wishes to ensure that any personal details are always correct and up-to-date, and will amend any inaccuracies or changes to details on request.
- We will not retain client's personal information longer than is necessary for the purposes of compliance with the law and routine administration.
- TPG is constantly trying to improve and enhance its products and services to our clients, and we may update this policy from time to time. Any changes to this policy will be updated on this page on the TPG website.