Role Purpose & Environment:
The Senior Developer position is responsible for building, maintaining and enhancing applications withing within the TPG Telecom Fibre team portfolio. They will support tactical and strategic business initiatives to support mainly internal users.
We are a dynamic business; this brings new opportunities for our customers and our people. Being adaptable, managing change and maintaining resilience is key to success for all of us at TPG. Due to the dynamic nature of the business your responsibilities may change over time as the business evolves.
- Provide application requirement analysis, solution design, specification and undertake development on key systems.
- Provide support to business applications.
- Collaborate with various business stakeholders, project managers, business analysts and other developers.
- Achieve high standards in project delivery and post-deployment software support.
- Provide mentorship to more junior developers.
- We are all responsible for taking reasonable care of our own safety and wellbeing at work, and to avoid adversely affecting the safety and wellbeing of another person at work.
- Always be on the lookout to improve the way we work, and speak up with suggestions for a better way, with the aim of exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Plan your work and be ready to take advantage of the opportunities and risks that come with our ever-changing industry.
- Protect the brand, reputation and profitability of TPG by maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its information assets and information systems.
- Be familiar with policies and procedures, as well as completing any associated training, as communicated or made available on the intranet and our learning systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Tertiary or degree qualifications in Computing Science/Engineering or recognized equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ experience in developing applications in an enterprise level environment.
- Excellent analysis and programming skills.
- Experience in integrating, customising and supporting commercial off-the-shelf software
- Experience with the following tools/technologies:
- Spring Framework
- Databases Oracle, MYSQL
- Process automation frameworks, ideally using an Activiti based BPMN engine
- Data transport XML/JSON
- Back end technologies (SOAP and REST)
- GitLab and ELK
- Experience in self-service portals and Fulfilment Systems.
- Excellent time management, coordination, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Telecommunication experience is desirable
- Experience in Continuous Delivery or Continuous Integration
You may also email your resume to email@example.com