Role Purpose & Environment:
The Tester position is responsible for developing, executing and reporting on testing strategies to provide efficient and timely testing of new products and features prior to deployment to ensure our customers receive optimal performance and quality. Working closely with developers and programmers, this position contributes to the coordination and maintenance of test lab facilities.
The Testing team operates in an environment that emphasises precision and accuracy and the incumbent must display strong attention to detail and concern for quality to ensure standards are maintained. This position requires the incumbent to work effectively with design engineers and project managers in order to communicate faults in a diplomatic manner.
We are a dynamic business; this brings new opportunities for our customers and our people. Being adaptable, managing change and maintaining resilience is key to success for all of us at TPG. Due to the dynamic nature of the business your responsibilities may change over time as the business evolves.
- Follow the approved process for executing test cases and recording results.
- Develop test documentation including test cases and scripts based on quality standards and specification documents.
- Create automated testing applications and scripts as required.
- Execute and evaluate test scripts and test cases according to procedures.
- Comply with the established defect and problem escalation plan.
- Execute regression testing when appropriate.
- Conducting post release verification testing.
- Responsible for documenting test cases and test results.
- Maintain and update the defect tracking system.
- Ensure test results are communicated to the relevant stakeholders in a timely and constructive manner.
- Assist in the updating of test policies and procedures to ensure strict guidelines are enforced with respect to the submission of tests and use of the test.
- Assist with projects allocated by the Testing Manager.
- Attend and contribute planning meetings. Including daily scrum meetings for ‘Agile’ projects and weekly staff KPI meetings.
- We are all responsible for taking reasonable care of our own safety and wellbeing at work, and to avoid adversely affecting the safety and wellbeing of another person at work.
- Always be on the lookout to improve the way we work, and speak up with suggestions for a better way, with the aim of exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Plan your work and be ready to take advantage of the opportunities and risks that come with our ever-changing industry.
- Protect the brand, reputation and profitability of TPG by maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and availability of its information assets and information systems.
- Be familiar with policies and procedures, as well as completing any associated training, as communicated or made available on the intranet and our learning systems.
Skills and Experience Required:
A Bachelor degree in a related discipline, International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) or Certified Agile Tester (CAT) qualifications considered desirable but not essential.
We offer Temporary Work from home set up during community quarantine for people with
- Windows 10 Computer with i5 processor, 16GB RAM
- High Speed reliable internet
You may also email your resume to email@example.com